1. Signed an educational cooperation agreement with the Education and Training Department of the 10 provinces and cities in the north of Vietnam. The 10 provincial and municipal education departments sent high school graduates to Honghe university for undergraduate degrees.
2. Since 2004, the Education Department of Lao Cai Province and Honghe University have been heldding the “Sino-Vietnamese Cultural and Sports Exchange Activity” every two years.
3. From 2005, the Lao Cai Provincial Department of Culture and Honghe University haver been heldding the “Red River Basin Social Development Forum – International Academic Conference” every two years.
4. With Lao Cai Teachers College, Xiongwang University, Fu'an Higher Industrial School, Hanoi Economics College, Hanoi University of Culture, Hanoi Agricultural University, Hanoi University of Social Sciences and Humanities, Taiyuan University, Rongshi University, and Ho Chi Minh University, Ho Chi Minh National University of Social Sciences and Humanities University to carry out student exchange learning projects or joint training projects.
5. Cooperated with Taiyuan University to carry out our undergraduate “Economic Education Program” in Vietnam. This project was the first undergraduate overseas education project approved by the province at that time.
6. Cooperate with the Vietnam Academy of Social Sciences Hanlin Institute for joint scientific research projects. From 2009 to 2011, we will jointly study four projects: Sino-Vietnamese cross-border ethnic studies, minority policies in the border areas of China and Vietnam, and some basic issues (China) Yunnan and Vietnam's northwestern region), China-Vietnam economic cooperation mechanism research, China-Vietnam border trade research, four projects have been completed.
7.Co-organized with the Social Science and Humanities University of the National University of Hanoi, the “Red River Basin University Presidents Forum” is held every two years. The first “Red River Basin University Presidents Forum” was successfully held by our school on January 10, 2014. A total of 12 universities in Yunnan Province (Vietnam) participated in the first forum. During the first forum, the “Red River Basin University Alliance” was established. This will become a platform for cooperation and exchange between universities in Yunnan Province and universities in northern Vietnam.
8. In October 2005 and November 2007, Honghe University established Chinese language centers in Lao Cai Province and Taiyuan, Vietnam.
9. Applying to establish a Confucius Institute from Hanban with Ho Chi Minh City Normal University.